By entering and using this website you are deemed to accept the provisions in this policy.
This policy applies to all the pages hosted on this site. It does not apply to pages hosted by MNWB, on behalf ISWAN, linked organizations, partners, or to other organizations to which we may provide a link and whose privacy policies may differ.
Please read the following to understand how your personal information will be treated. The policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically.
This policy will answer the following questions:
What information does ISWAN IPWP programme collect?
How is your information used?
Does ISWAN IPWP programme share your information?
How secure is the information you give us?
How can you investigate, correct or delete your data?
How do you opt out of receiving messages from ISWAN IPWP programme?
How does ISWAN IPWP programme protect privacy?
How can you find out more about your rights under the Data Protection Act?
Our security measures and this policy are reviewed on a regular basis. If you have any questions relating to this policy, please address them to:
Data Protection Officer
ISWAN IPWP Project Administrator
Merchant Navy Welfare Board
8 Cumberland Place
Southampton SO15 2BH
Telephone: +44 (0) 2380 337799
Fax: +44 (0) 2380 634444
If you are not satisfied with our response to your concern: you may wish to contact theInformation Commissioner's Office.
1. What information do we collect?
We collect basic personal information (including demographic and limited personal profile data) as volunteered by you in registration forms, campaigns and e-actions. However, you can access our web site without disclosing any of your personal data. The ISWAN IPWP programme also collects the following information:
The ISWAN IPWP & MNWB utilize Google Analytics to monitor website usage.
2. How is your information used?
The ISWAN IPWP programme, under the management of MNWB, uses the information to help us understand more about how supporters use our site in order to help establish seafarers welfare boards in support of ILO MLC, 2006.
3. Does ISWAN IPWP share your information?
The information you provide will not be sold or rented nor will it be shared with third parties unless we have your permission or we are required to disclose the information by law. With your permission, ISWAN IPWP programme may share your personal information with other members of the maritime industry interested in forming a seafarers’ welfare board at international, national and local level.
The disclosure of your personal information discussed above may involve the transfer of that information outside of the UK and European Union. Countries outside of the European Union, such as the United States, may not have data privacy laws as strong as those in force in the European Union.
4. How secure is the information you give us?
ISWAN IPWP programme uses industry standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information in accordance with Godaddy.com privacy statement. We make every effort to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure.
5. How can you investigate, correct or delete your data?
Our website is a relatively simple information website, which does not have user accounts but does provide users with the opportunity to register their interest in our programme via a basic ‘Contact Us’ form. No personal contact information is actually displayed on our website. Notwithstanding, should you wish to investigate, correct or delete any personal data you know or even think we possess then please contact DPO@portwelfare.org who will take the necessary action and respond accordingly.
6. How do you opt out of receiving messages from ISWAN IPWP programme?
We will only send you emails if you have given us permission to contact you about ISWANs IPWP programme. We do not send out random, untargeted emails (spam). Any emails we send you will enable you to opt-out of receiving further emails from us. We will clearly state whether we received your details from an organization who recommended you to us.
7. How can you find out more about your rights under the Data Protection Act?
The collection and use of personal information on this site is in accordance with the Data Protection Act of 1998 (UK), and the guidelines of the Direct Marketing Association (UK). The DPA applies to all data held within the European Economic Area (EEA). More information can be found at the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Terms and Conditions of Use
Use of this site is provided by ISWAN IPWP programme, under the management of MNWB, subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
1. Your access and/or use of the Website constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the website.
2. ISWAN IPWP programme & MNWB reserves the rights to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of the website after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as modified. You should therefore review these Terms and Conditions regularly.
3. You agree to use the website only for lawful purposes, and in a matter which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhabit the use and enjoyment of the website by any third party.
4. The website and the information, names, images, pictures, trade marks regarding or relating to ISWAN IPWP programme and MNWB are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. To the extent permitted by law, ISWAN IPWP programme and MNWB excludes all liability for any loss or damages including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or damages, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the website, whether in contract or in negligence. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits or excludes ISWAN or MNWB liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, fraud, or any liability which cannot be excluded to applicable law.
5. ISWAN IPWP programme does not warrant that the functions and materials contained in the website will be: uninterrupted or error free; that defects will be corrected; that the website, or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs; or represent the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
6. All intellectual property in the website and the material or information it contains (including without limitation copyright, designs, database rights and trade marks (registered or unregistered) is and shall remain the property of ISWAN IPWP programme, MNWB or its third party licensors.
Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without authorization from ISWAN IPWP programme and MNWB. Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as conferring any licence by ISWAN IPWP programme and MNWB to use any item displayed.
Materials in the website may be copied for personal use only on the condition that all copyright notices and source indications are also reproduced, no modifications are made and each relevant item is copied in its entirety. However, some materials have been published on the website with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not ISWAN IPWP programme or MNWB). All rights are reserved on these materials and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (as indicated within these materials).
7. ISWAN IPWP programme and MNWB takes no responsibility for the content of external internet websites. Following links to any other websites or pages shall be at your own risk and ISWAN IPWP programme and MNWB shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damages resulting from the use of such other websites.
8. Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the website including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information. ISWAN IPWP programme and MNWB reserves the right to remove any such communication or material from the Website at its own discretion.
10. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
11. If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of the website must be terminated immediately.